Joe and Mary Anne Cappo Endowed Scholarship
The Joe and Mary Anne Cappo Scholarship was established to recognize a high-achieving, first generation junior or senior in the College of Communication with financial need (as established by the Office of Financial Aid) and in good standing.
Criteria for consideration are as follows:
- Full-time upperclassmen (Junior or Senior standing)
- Enrolled in a College of Communication major and in good academic standing
- Applicant must be a first generation college student.
- Applicant must exemplify the mission and values of DePaul University
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your course of study in the College of Communication? What led you to this course of study?
- What unique challenges have you faced as a first-generation college student? How were you able to overcome those challenges?
- Based on what you have learned, what is your advice to an incoming first-generation student?
- What does the DePaul mission mean to you? In what ways to you embody this mission?
- List your extra-curricular activities. Include a brief description of the organization, your role and any leadership position held.
- Please list any awards, honors or recognition received.
- Show 1 more