Oleg Fastovsky Outstanding Citizen Scholarship
PLEASE NOTE: HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Criteria For Eligibility And Selection
- All candidates must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll by Fall 2019 into an accredited post-secondary program, which includes: community colleges, private or public undergraduate colleges, and universities, private or public graduate degree programs, law programs, and business programs. If the essay contest winner cannot provide evidence of enrollment at the time of scholarship disbursement, a new winner will be selected.
- All candidates have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- All candidates must possess a proven commitment to citizenry, as demonstrated by their essay and resumé.
The winner of the Outstanding Citizen Scholarship Essay Contest will be announced in the Fall of 2019
- An updated resumé that includes academic, professional, and volunteer experiences with a focus on community service and citizenry.
- A 500-word essay that answers the following question: What is one of the most important ways an individual can serve her or his community, and how have you served your community in this way?
- A current official academic transcript indicating that the candidate’s cumulative grade-point average is 3.0 or greater. (Note: applicants who cannot furnish an official transcript from their current institution may submit both an unofficial transcript from their current place of learning, as well as an official transcript from the last school he or she attended.)
- A letter of recommendation from someone who can attest to your great work on a community service project.
Candidates must submit their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and official transcript) on or before the September 30, 2019 deadline. All applications should be sent to email@example.com