Mazza Foundation Scholarship Application
YOU MUST BE AN INCOMING FRESHMAN FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
The Mazza Scholarship, a Big Shoulders Fund Scholarship, supports highly promising high school seniors from Chicago Big Shoulders High Schools, Big Shoulders Fund Scholars as well as Mazza Scholars, meeting their academic and personal goals.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Graduating senior from a Chicago Big Shoulders High School, Big Shoulders Fund Scholars, as well as Mazza Scholars
- High school G.P.A. of 2.7 (*Your high school transcript is necessary in the decision-making process and will be provided by DePaul University’s Office of Admissions to review along with your application.)
- Admitted and enrolled as a full-time student at DePaul University
- Demonstrate financial need by having a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid at DePaul University
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Satisfactory completion of essay questions
- Agree to participate as a S.T.A.R.S. peer mentee as a freshman
- First-generation college students are encouraged to apply
In an effort to provide support to our students at DePaul University, the Office of Multicultural Student Success is committed to providing academic assistance through our Scholarship Status Letters. This consists of the monitoring of your progress at each midterm period and at the end of each quarter along with one-on-one-advisory check-ins.
If you are awarded any of these scholarships, the Office of Multicultural Student Success may request information from your professors regarding your academic progress.
In addition, by completing the application for this scholarship you are authorizing the Office of Multicultural Student Success and the scholarship foundations to review your financial and academic records to assess your application.
Please direct ALL QUESTIONS regarding these scholarships:
Christopher Love • Scholarship Coordinator
Office of Multicultural Student Success
The deadline for application submission online must be no later than February 1st, 2020 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time.
Please note that should you be a finalist for this scholarship, you may be invited on campus to be interviewed on February 17, 2020.