The Canning Scholarship Application
YOU MUST BE A RISING JUNIOR FOR THE FALL 2020-2021 QUARTER TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP*
Application deadline extended to May 10, 2020
The Canning Scholarship, a Big Shoulders Fund Scholarship, supports highly promising students from Chicago Big Shoulders High Schools, Big Shoulders Fund Scholars as well as Canning Scholars, meeting their academic and personal goals.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Chicago Big Shoulders High School graduate, be a Big Shoulders Fund Scholar, or a Canning Scholar
- Received a high school G.P.A. of at least 2.7
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at DePaul University
- Demonstrate financial need by having a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid at DePaul University
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Satisfactory completion of essay questions
- First-generation college students are encouraged to apply
- Be available for OMSS workshops on Fridays from 3PM-5PM
In an effort to provide support to our students at DePaul University, the Office of Multicultural Student Success is committed to providing academic assistance through our Scholarship Status Letters. This consists of the monitoring of your progress at each midterm period and at the end of each quarter along with one-on-one-advisory check-ins.
If you are awarded any of these scholarships, the Office of Multicultural Student Success may request information from your professors regarding your academic progress.
In addition, by completing the application for this scholarship you are authorizing the Office of Multicultural Student Success and the scholarship foundations to review your financial and academic records to assess your application.
The deadline for application submission online must be no later than May 10, 2020 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time.
Please direct ALL QUESTIONS regarding these scholarships:
Christopher Love • Scholarship Coordinator
Office of Multicultural Student Success