The Engage and Persist in STEM (EPISTEM) Scholarship Application
The EPISTEM (Engage and Persist in STEM) Scholarship is $10,000 per year for up to four consecutive years for high achieving DePaul University College of Science and Health (CSH) students with financial need. This scholarship will be awarded to eight students selected from the incoming class who are planning to pursue a degree in an eligible major: Actuarial Science, Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Data Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Mathematics & Computer Science, Neuroscience and Physics. Students planning to major is Health Sciences, Nursing or Psychology are not eligible. EPISTEM Scholars are identified by academic excellence in their high school careers and by financial need as demonstrated by Pell eligibility. The EPISTEM program is funded through a grant from the National Science Foundation and is designed to provide financial, social and academic support to academically talented, low-income students in order to increase their academic and career success. EPISTEM Scholars will:
- Become part of a learning community that provides social and academic networks and support and allows them to build relationships with other students, faculty and staff at DePaul.
- Be assigned peer and faculty mentors.
- Take courses and participate in workshops designed to develop their academic and personal skills.
- Participate in research and internship opportunities.
- Participate in programs designed to help them transition into the workforce or graduate school.
- Participate in program evaluation activities, such as interviews, focus groups, and surveys to assess their progress and experiences.
As established financial need is a requirement, we strongly encourage you to file the FAFSA, if applicable. The FAFSA can be filed as soon as possible after October 1st, 2020. Classes and activities that are part of the EPISTEM program are of NO additional cost for Scholars. For additional information on the scholarship application process, please contact Prof. James Montgomery, JMONTGOM@depaul.edu.