INACTIVE Arnold and Patricia Karr Hospitality Scholarship
Due to a generous gift from Mr. Arnold and Mrs. Patricia Karr, scholarships are available to students enrolled as majors within the School of Hospitality Leadership with preference given to students concentrating in Lodging. To qualify, students must:
- be either an intended major or a declared major in Hospitality Leadership and
- submit an application before the deadline (see details below).
All students enrolled as majors in the School of Hospitality Leadership are eligible, and are encouraged to apply for the scholarship funding. In addition to financial need (as determined by the FAFSA), included in the review process is also consideration for cumulative GPA, student activity such as belonging to hospitality clubs or holding club leadership positions, or having full or part time jobs in the hospitality industry.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 22, 2017
Please note, in order to be considered for The Arnold and Patricia Karr Hospitality Scholarship, you must complete all required fields of the online application. Applications must be completed and submitted online by 11:59:59 PM on Friday, September 22, 2017. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Driehaus College of Business - School of Hospitality Leadership
- Supplemental Questions
- In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled as a major in the School of Hospitality Leadership. Please select one of the following. Are you a:
- Please select your primary hospitality interest:
- Do you have a student club membership and/or leadership role in any of the following: National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH), American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) DePaul Student Chapter, EPICUREAN, Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Events Management Club (EMC) or the Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) Eta Sigma Delta (ESD)?
- If you answered yes, please state your club name(s) and leadership role(s) below.
- Are you employed either full or part time in the hospitality industry?
- If yes, please briefly state your employers name, your position and role.
- Describe the impact of the lodging industry in your career plans after graduating from DePaul. Include how this scholarship will impact your future career. (Please limit the essay to 1 single-spaced, proofread page.)
- Please upload your latest Unofficial DePaul University Transcript for coursework verification. You can find your unofficial transcript through: Campus Connect ---> Academic Records --->View Unofficial Transcript.
- Submit your current resume.
- Show 4 more