Graduate Assistant Application - Skills Lab / Student Support
Skills Lab / Student Support GA
General Summary: The Graduate Assistant (GA) will support courses with skills/assessment labs. The GA will also facilitate the peer mentorship program and aid with informational sessions regarding the School of Nursing. He/she will also serve as a liaison for students, lab instructors, and course coordinators.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. For each quarter, obtain copy of syllabus or list of assessments/skills that students will practice in relevant courses
2. Communicate with course instructor(s) at the beginning of the quarter about specific course needs
3. Provide course instructor(s) with quarterly schedule of availability to assist with labs
4. Assist with skills review, skills, and assessment labs
5. Prepare, set up, and clean up skills/assessment labs
6. Communicate with course instructor(s) immediately regarding any issues or concerns with completing GA hours
7. Report GA hours to appropriate personnel
8. Communicate with course instructor to determine course needs
9. Host open lab skills review sessions throughout the quarter
10. Provide oversight of the peer mentoring program.
11. Aid in identifying future peer mentors.
12. Ensure student resource manual is up to date.
1. Successful completion of course(s) assisting with labs.
2. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students and faculty.
3. Ability to provide mentorship.
4. Works well in an autonomous and independent environment
5. Be able to work the scheduled number of hours per week each quarter