John E. Brennan Memorial Award
The scholarship provides financial assistance to a DePaul undergraduate student who has completed a minimum of 20 hours of community service through direct work in communities and/or enrollment in community-based service learning courses at DePaul. The student should be in good academic standing and be in need of financial assistance. Preference is given to students majoring in programs within the Richard H. Driehaus College of Business.
- $743.00 (2 awards available)
- Steans Center - General Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you completed at least 20 hours of service, either independently or through a DePaul-organized program or course with a service learning component?
- In a maximum of 400 words, describe your service or service-learning experience. Please focus your essay primarily on your motivation for doing such work but also be sure to include the name of the organization you worked with, when and for how long you were with the organization, and the type of work you performed.
- The mission of DePaul University is grounded in social justice. In a minimum of 400 words, please address the following: How do you define social justice? How have your community service experiences informed your understanding of social justice?
- In what ways do you see yourself utilizing lessons learned through your service within your future academic and/or professional work?
- Please upload a current resume that demonstrates your commitment to issues of social justice, community service and responsibility, and academic excellence.
- Please upload a cover letter (not to exceed one page) that describes how you heard about the scholarship, details your background, and explains why you feel you are the right fit for the scholarship.
- Please upload your latest Unofficial DePaul University Transcript for coursework verification.
- Please request a letter of recommendation from a DePaul University faculty member who can comment on your character and academic performance. Please enter the name and e-mail of your reference to send the request.
- Please provide the name and email address of someone who can comment on your contribution to your community.
- Show 4 more