Graduate Assistant Application - Peer Tutoring
Peer Tutoring GA
General Summary: The Graduate Assistant (GA) will provide individual and small group tutoring sessions in order to aid understanding and mastery of study skills and course content. He/she will be expected to refer students to other university resources as necessary.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtain current procedure related to medication safety examination.
2. Review basic mathematical operations and calculations with students.
3. Provide information regarding study skills and techniques.
4. Communicate with the Associate Director at beginning of each academic quarter to determine specific needs.
5. Review with Associate Director the procedure for student referral to other support services.
6. Report GA hours to appropriate personnel
7. Host open peer tutoring sessions through the peer tutoring laboratory.
1. Successful completion of peer tutoring hours.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with other students and faculty.
3. Awareness of study skills and means of providing student support.
4. Experience with standard mathematical procedures.
5. Previous teaching or tutoring experience.
6. Be able to work the scheduled number of hours per week each quarter.