Chronic Illness Scholarship
This scholarship is for the 2022–2023 Academic Year.
We are pleased to inform the DePaul University community of a scholarship opportunity for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. The Chronic Illness Scholarship seeks to assist undergraduate students with chronic illness who show courage and character on a continuous basis in their daily lives and a sincere desire to continue their education with the capacity for success.
• Students must be registered with DePaul’s Center for Students with Disabilities at time of submission.
• Students must be enrolled as an undergraduate in the current 2022-2023 Academic Year at DePaul.
• Students must obtain two letters of recommendation addressing the student’s capacity for college-level work and his or her courage and character. One of the letters, preferably, should be from the student’s instructor/professor, present or past.
• Students must submit a personal statement/letter with a brief chronology and description of the student’s illness and what the student has done to develop his or her mind and character since becoming ill.
• There must be evidence of financial need.
• The student’s illness must be chronic, i.e., there is no certainty that symptoms will cease over the next three or more years.
• The finalist may be asked to participate in a phone interview.
To apply for this Scholarship Opportunity you must complete the following steps:
1. If you have not done so already, complete the General Application on DePaul Scholarship Connect:
a. Log into the DePaul Scholarship Connect using your Campus Connect ID and password.
b. Complete and submit the General Application.
i. Your General Application will be marked with a green checkmark to indicate that it has been completed and submitted successfully.
ii. If it is gray, the application was not submitted successfully; try again.
2. After submitting the General Application, you can search the scholarship by typing the name or by using any keyword in the name in the search bar.
3. Click on the blue “Apply” button next to the application name. Additional questions or information may be required to complete the application process.
After Submitting an Application:
You can monitor the status of your application by logging in to your dashboard on DePaul Scholarship Connect.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for this scholarship, completed applications, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted by Tuesday, May, 31st, 2022. Sending reference requests online will not inform your references of the application deadline, it is your responsibility to directly inform and maintain communications with your reference(s) of the deadline.
A decision will be made by the end of June 2022.
For additional information on requirements for this scholarship or on the scholarship application process, please contact email@example.com or Greg Moorehead at GMOOREHE@depaul.edu.
- Student Affairs
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you suffer from a chronic illness?
- Please upload a personal statement with a brief chronology and description of your illness and what the illness has done to develop your mind and character since becoming ill.
- Are you presently registered with the DePaul University Center for Students with Disabilities?
- Please request one letter of recommendation.
- Please request a second letter of recommendation. Please enter the name and e-mail of your reference.