Esports Ambassador Program Scholarship Application
YOU MUST BE AN INCOMING FRESHMAN FOR THE 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
The Esports Freshman Ambassador Program is a unique opportunity to develop practical skills for a career in the video game industry for students in the College of Computing and Digital Media. In this program, you will take part in a unique Chicago Quarter course focused on Esports in the Fall Quarter. In the Spring and Winter, lectures and workshops will be offered to Ambassadors which will encompass a wide range of topics related to video games and Esports. All of this will culminate in a collaborative project with your cohort in the Spring quarter, which will focus on the philanthropic pillar of the Vincentian Mission.
This scholarship will award students $500 per quarter for the Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters, totaling a $1500 award for students selected. Out of the applicants, 10 full-time freshman students will be chosen by the Esports team for enrollment in the program. The application will include a short essay.
Freshman Ambassadors will be required to:
• Attend a unique Video Game focused Chicago Quarter
• Attend a minimum number of seminars and lectures related to Esports and Video Games
• Complete a project in the spring quarter directed and produced by your cohort
• Maintain a 2.0 GPA and Satisfactory Academic standing as a full-time student of DePaul University
- Admissions - DePaul Incoming Freshman Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Please pick one of the following questions below and submit a 300-500 word repsonse: Q1: What makes a good teammate and what makes a good team leader? In what ways are these roles compatible or incompatible? Q2: How can video games and Esports be used to build and benefit communities? Q3: What can video games do that other forms of media cannot?