College of Education Graduate Assistant Application - Teacher Education
College of Education (COE) Graduate assistantships (GA) are fully in-person, on-campus opportunities for qualified students to work closely with faculty members, to support on-going research efforts and to engage in on-going conversations regarding educational issues and research with faculty and other student colleagues. You must apply separately to each department/program you are interested in working with. Graduate Assistant applicants are interviewed and appointed directly by each individual hiring area in the College of Education. Applicants are typically contacted for follow up mid May-mid June. Official offers extended in August. Please note that COE GA spots can be for full-time (15.75 hours/week Fall thru Spring quarters, including student break periods when offices are still open) or part-time (7.75 hours/week Fall thru Spring quarters, including student break periods when offices are still open) positions. If you wish to know more about this position including quarterly hour requirements and remuneration, please communicate with the application contact for this posting as listed on the COE website: https://education.depaul.edu/student-resources/employment-career/Pages/student-employment.aspx.
If you have general inquiries, not department or program specific, please contact: Nicole Nudo at email@example.com.
If you have Teacher Education Department specific questions, please contact Nicole Nudo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental Questions
- What courses have you taken that can make you an asset as a graduate assistant? (Please list course titles, date or quarter/semester taken, final grade and institution)
- Please list any computer experience you have, e.g., PC/Macs, software, hardware, networking, etc.
- What work experience, internships, etc., do you have that would make you an asset as a graduate assistant?
- General Research Projects
- If you have ever worked on a research project(s), list the title(s), briefly explain the nature of the project(s) and what you were responsible for toward its completion.
- Include a copy, if desired.
- Project #2
- Project #3
- Project #4
- Project #5
- Project #6
- Briefly describe your professional plans for the future and what you hope to gain by being a graduate assistant.
- What experiences do you have with schools, school districts, or community-based organizations that would inform your work with the Department of Teacher Education Faculty?
- Briefly discuss your interested in assisting the Department of Teacher Education Faculty with individual and collective research and other education-based projects?
- Submit your current resume.
- If there is anything that does not appear on your resume but you feel is relevant, please add it here.
- Give a candid evaluation of yourself as a person; include those characteristics that you feel are your strengths and those that you feel are your challenges.
- Show 5 more