Journalism Internship Scholarship
The Journalism Internship Scholarship ensures that students pursuing a degree in journalism have access to internships for credit by providing financial assistance. Eligible students are welcome to apply for financial assistance while completing a journalism-related internship for credit via the College of Communication Internship Program in the Fall 2023 term.
- Journalism major, minor, and journalism graduate students
- Have submitted a proposal for a journalism-based internship for credit via the College of Communication Internship Program by the Fall 2023 deadline or have secured a journalism-based internship for credit Fall 2023 through the College of Communication Internship Program.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate journalism majors or minors; cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for journalism graduate students
- Successful completion of at least two JOUR courses
- A College of Communication Internship Proposal on file for the Fall 2023 term
- Special consideration for those with unpaid or low-paying internships.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please tell us about your internship, what you hope to learn from the experience, and how you believe the position will help you reach your career goals.