College of Education Graduate Assistant Application – Technology and Classroom Assistance
Graduate assistantships (GA) are fully in-person, on-campus opportunities for qualified students (Master’s and Doctoral) to work closely with CoE faculty, staff, and students to support on-going research efforts, operations of the college, to engage in on-going conversations regarding educational issues and research with faculty, staff, and other student colleagues, and assist with other duties as assigned by their hiring unit.
You must apply separately to each department/program you are interested in working with. Graduate Assistant applicants are interviewed and appointed directly by each individual hiring area in the College of Education. Applicants are typically contacted for follow up mid May-mid June. Official offers extended in August.
Please note that CoE GA spots can be for full-time or part-time positions.
Typical full-time hours requirements are 15.75 hours/week Fall through Spring quarters, including student/course break periods when university offices are still open.
Typical part-time hours requirements are 7.75 hours/week Fall through Spring quarters, including student/course break periods when university offices are still open.
If you wish to know more about this position including quarterly hour requirements and remuneration, please communicate with the application contact for this posting as listed on the CoE website: https://education.depaul.edu/student-resources/employment-career/Pages/student-employment.aspx.
This position is located in the College of Education (COE) building on the DePaul Lincoln Park Campus. This is an in-person position, responsible for managing the technological resources and the COE Center for Educational Technology (CET) computer lab. Students may seek help with computers or computer applications. Faculty may seek assistance with the technology, such as connecting their laptop to the podium and projecting, and with the Zoom Plus and Trimodal rooms. Another responsibility is inventory management of computers, checking laptops in/out. Prior to the start of the quarter doing inventory of technological equipment in the COE classrooms to ensure everything is operating efficiently.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Other Job Related Information:
• Assist faculty and students in the COE Computer Lab
• Train faculty on how to effectively use classroom technology
• Distribute and collect COE loaner equipment from COE faculty
• Update loaner equipment records in the inventory database
• Manage distribution and collection of laptops to students during a class, upon request by faculty
• Assist students with recording lessons for EdTPA
• Quarterly facilitate a professional development that encompasses the technological needs of COE students and faculty
• Assist with classroom/conference room reservation approvals for the college of Education building
• Add some data from campus connect into the COE academic schedule
• Check the scheduling data from the COE academic schedule on campus connect
• And other duties as assigned to assist the dean’s suite and other COE areas
Position Requirements (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
• Ability to provide basic support of Macs and PC’s
• Ability to learn classroom technology support, including the Zoom Plus and Trimodal rooms, electronic whiteboard, projector, and podium connections
• Customer service skills
• Ability to learn to manage records in the inventory database
Position Qualifications (Minimum level of education and/or experience needed to be successful in the position):
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and video editing
This position requires 15.75 hours per week Monday thru Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. The schedule is flexible where you are allowed flexibility.
If you have general inquiries, not department or program specific, please contact: Nicole Nudo at email@example.com.
If you have Technology and Classroom Assistance GA specific questions, please contact Dalila Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.