College of Education Graduate Assistant Application - OASIS
Graduate assistantships (GA) are fully in-person, on-campus opportunities for qualified students (Master’s and Doctoral) to work closely with CoE faculty, staff, and students to support on-going research efforts, operations of the college, to engage in on-going conversations regarding educational issues and research with faculty, staff, and other student colleagues, and assist with other duties as assigned by their hiring unit.
You must apply separately to each department/program you are interested in working with. Graduate Assistant applicants are interviewed and appointed directly by each individual hiring area in the College of Education. Applicants are typically contacted for follow up mid May-mid June. Official offers extended in August.
Please note that CoE GA spots can be for full-time or part-time positions.
Typical full-time hours requirements are 15.75 hours/week Fall through Spring quarters, including student/course break periods when university offices are still open.
Typical part-time hours requirements are 7.75 hours/week Fall through Spring quarters, including student/course break periods when university offices are still open.
If you wish to know more about this position including quarterly hour requirements and remuneration, please communicate with the application contact for this posting as listed on the CoE website: https://education.depaul.edu/student-resources/employment-career/Pages/student-employment.aspx.
Responsibilities of the full-time OASIS GA:
• Facilitates communication and outreach efforts with students for OASIS offices including direct outreach, following up on inquiries, and managing email accounts
• Provides administrative and clerical support for OASIS offices by answering and transferring phone calls; managing staff appointment calendars; processing documents received for scanning, duplicating or advertising; and recording minutes of meetings.
• Develops and conducts assessments directed at understanding student satisfaction and staffing and resource utilization.
• Compiles assessment data and reports for relevant OASIS services and initiatives.
• Assists OASIS staff with designing and delivering student workshops, presentations and resources (e.g., print, online, social media).
• Develops communications about OASIS services, resources, and programming.
• Assists OASIS and Licensure Officer staff with maintaining student records, compliance and entitlement databases within DePaul and COE technology systems including EdTrack, BlueStar/One DePaul, Campus Connect, and FEDS.
• Assists with ongoing communication between OASIS and community partner schools and local agencies.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
If you have general inquiries, not department or program specific, please contact: Nicole Nudo at email@example.com.
If you have OASIS specific questions, please contact Dr. Nancy Hashimoto at firstname.lastname@example.org.