J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Hospitality Scholarship for Undergraduate Juniors
Awarded to deserving junior undergraduates enrolled as majors or minors (or intended) in the School of Hospitality Leadership.
Through a recently establish partnership between DePaul University and the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation, the DePaul University School of Hospitality Leadership is now accepting applications for the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Hospitality Scholarship. A total of 10 scholarships will be awarded with a value of $10,000 each.
This scholarship is designed to assist in the retention and development of existing DePaul University hospitality students as they successfully work towards completing their undergraduate degree. It is reserved for junior undergraduate students enrolled as majors or minors (or intended) in the School of Hospitality Leadership. A junior is an enrolled student that has at least 96 credits and no more than 144 credits on their official DePaul University transcript.
Priority is given to those students who are first in their family to attend college and who come from disadvantaged backgrounds. Additionally, scholarship recipients are chosen based on demonstrated financial need, academic performance, co-curricular student activity, such as belonging to hospitality clubs or holding club leadership positions, and having full or part time jobs in the hospitality industry. If awarded the scholarship, funds will be paid to the student in a $5000 installment during their junior year, and a second and final installment during their senior year, pending continued commitment to the School of Hospitality Leadership.
The scholarship application online submission deadline is October 8, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM CST. No applications will be considered if submitted past this deadline.
To apply for this scholarship complete and submit the following:
• Completed online application form;
• Updated Transcript;
• Current resume;
• Maximum 2-page essay (double-spaced, 12pt font, 1-inch margins) explaining how receiving this scholarship will further your academic career at DePaul University.
In addition to a $10,000 scholarship, award recipients will be automatically enrolled in the prestigious Marriott Hospitality Scholars Program (MHSP), and will be recognized as a “Marriott Scholar.” Benefits of being enrolled in the MHSP include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Bi-weekly “Check-In” Meeting
2. Marriott Property Tours and Networking
3. Professional Development Workshops
4. Professional Development Essentials Kit
5. VIP Networking Event
6. MHSP Website
7. Scholar Mentorship
- Driehaus College of Business - School of Hospitality Leadership
- Supplemental Questions
- In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled as a major, minor or a hospitality graduate student. Please select one of the following.
- Please select your primary hospitality interest:
- Do you have a student club membership and/or leadership role in any of the following: National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH), American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) DePaul Student Chapter, EPICUREAN, Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Events Management Club (EMC) or the Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) Eta Sigma Delta (ESD)?
- If you answered yes, please state your club name(s) and leadership role(s) below.
- Are you employed either full or part time in the hospitality industry?
- If you answered yes, please state the name of the company you are employed with and briefly state your position and role.
- Please upload your current resume.
- Upload your latest unofficial transcript here (required):
- Please upload an essay with your response on how receiving this scholarship will further your academic career at DePaul University. Please limit your response to no more than two pages (double-spaced, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins).
- Show 4 more