The IFMA Educational Foundation Scholarship
The International Food Service Manufacturers Association’s Educational Foundation has one $5,000 scholarship. In addition, the International Gold & Silver Plate Society has a $1,000 stipend. Both the scholarships and stipend are available to junior or senior students enrolled within the School of Hospitality Leadership. Potential candidates must demonstrate a firm commitment to a career in food service.
The scholarships awarded will be named “The IFMA Educational Foundation Scholarship” and the stipend, “The International Gold & Silver Plate Society Stipend”. The stipend funds are to be used for the purpose of defraying costs associated with a 2015/16 internship/externship by the student. The scholarship funds must be used for tuition, fees, room and board and other school-related expenses.
To qualify, students must:
- Be an undergraduate junior or senior in the School of Hospitality Leadership.
- A strong academic record of achievement with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Demonstrate a firm commitment to a career in food service (culinary, marketing or food science).
- Complete and submit all required questions in the online application before the deadline.
Other criteria for selection may include:
- Participation in undergraduate activities or organizations that support career development such as belonging to hospitality clubs or holding club leadership positions, or having full or part time jobs in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate financial need (by completing the 2015-16 FAFSA)
All students enrolled as majors/intended majors or minors/intended minors in the School of Hospitality Leadership are eligible, and are encouraged to apply for the scholarship funding. In addition to financial need, included in the review process is also consideration for cumulative GPA, student activity such as belonging to hospitality clubs or holding club leadership positions, or having full or part time jobs in the hospitality industry.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday August 23, 2015 11:59:59 PM The application must be completed and submitted online by the deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Recipients of the IFMA Educational Foundation Scholarships and the International Gold & Silver Plate Society Stipend are expected to write a thank you letter, complete a survey, provide an electronic photo, provide a non-DePaul email address, and be willing to keep the Foundation and/or the Society informed of their progress in the food service industry. These efforts will be coordinated through Shelley Gibbons in the School of Hospitality Leadership.
- 2 awards ($1000 Stipend & $5000 Scholarship)
- Driehaus College of Business, Driehaus College of Business - School of Hospitality Leadership
- Supplemental Questions
- In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must be enrolled as a major, minor or a hospitality graduate student. Please select one of the following.
- Please select your primary hospitality interest:
- Do you have a student club membership and/or leadership role in any of the following: National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH), American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) DePaul Student Chapter, EPICUREAN, Club Managers Association of America (CMAA), Events Management Club (EMC) or the Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) Eta Sigma Delta (ESD)?
- If you answered yes, please state your club name(s) and leadership role(s) below.
- Are you employed either full or part time in the hospitality industry?
- If you answered yes, please state the name of the company you are employed with and briefly state your position and role.
- In order to be considered for the stipend, do you have a food & beverage industry related internship during this academic year?
- If yes, please state the name of the company and briefly describe your position and role.
- Show 3 more