The Beeson, Canning and Mazza Big Shoulders Scholarships
The Beeson, Canning and Mazza Big Shoulder Fund Scholarships support highly promising seniors from Chicago Big Shoulders High Schools as well as Big Shoulders Fund and Mazza Scholars in meeting their academic and personal goals.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Graduating senior from a Big Shoulders High School or a Big Shoulders Fund or Mazza Scholar Recipient
- High school G.P.A. of 2.7 (*Your high school transcript is necessary in the decision making process and will be provided by DePaul University’s Office of Admissions to review along with your application.)
- Admitted and enrolled as a full-time student at DePaul University
- Demonstrate financial need by having a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid at DePaul University.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Satisfactory completion of essay questions
- Agree to participate as a S.T.A.R.S. peer mentee as a freshman
- First generation college students are encouraged to apply
In an effort to provide support to our students at DePaul University, the Office of Multicultural Student Success is committed to providing academic assistance through our Academic Progress Reports. This consists of the monitoring of your progress at each midterm period and at the end of each quarter along with one on one advisory check-ins.
If you are awarded any of these scholarships, the Office of Multicultural Student Success will request information from your professors regarding your academic progress.
In addition, by completing the application for this scholarship you are authorizing the Office of Multicultural Student Success and the scholarship foundations to review your financial and academic records in order to assess your application.
Please direct ALL QUESTIONS regarding these scholarships:
Kevin Collins • Coordinator
Office of Multicultural Student Success