DNP Program Jonas Nurse Leader Scholarship
The Jonas Nurse Scholar Program’s goal is to increase the number of doctorally-prepared faculty available to teach in nursing schools nationwide, and the number of nurse leaders providing direct patient care and filling roles as clinical faculty. Sponsored by the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare (Jonas Center), the program will provide financial assistance, leadership development, and networking support to expand the pipeline of future nurse faculty and advanced practice nurses.
Jonas Scholar will be required to report on scholar’s progress to date, including courses taken, and any publications or presentations; challenges and successes; and dissertations/capstone topic and progress.
The Jonas Scholar at DePaul University is made possible by a grant from the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare.
- College of Science and Health
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories or will be one by August 1, 2016?
- Are you a full-time student in DePaul’s DNP program and have at least two years (20-28 months) remaining in your program?
- Are you an early-to-mid career nurse?
- Are you a population that is underrepresented in nursing – African American or Black, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian or Pacific Islander, male?
- Are you committed to a career as nursing faculty or leader in primary care/clinical faculty?
- Do you agree to participate in the Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholar Program orientation webinar in fall 2016?
- Do you agree to attend the Jonas Scholar leadership development conference in Washington, DC in fall 2017? [Travel Expenses will be paid by the DePaul nursing program].
- Do you agree to complete a web-based leadership development component as outlined by the Jonas Center?
- Do you agree to maintain communication with the Jonas Center and AACN? The purpose of the communications will be to monitor student progress, receive feedback on leadership experiences, and provide additional support to assure student success in the program.
- Field of Study
- Are you currently conducting research or clinical work in one of the following areas? If "Yes", Select all that apply.
- Are you willing to work with a DePaul nursing faculty member on research in one of these areas listed above?
- Does your doctoral work address any of these topics? If yes, please indicate.
- What is your anticipated date of graduation?
- List colleges/universities attended (Name-Location-Degree-Major).
- Please provide contact information for one DePaul faculty member that is willing to serve as a reference for you.
- Please provide contact information for a second DePaul faculty member that is willing to serve as a reference for you.
- In 500 words or less, please identify your research and clinical interests in cancer and aging.
- Show 11 more