Arthur J. Schmitt Leaders Scholarship Application
YOU MUST BE AN INCOMING FRESHMAN FOR THE 2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
The Arthur J. Schmitt Scholarship is awarded to four students selected from the incoming class who are eligible to participate for up to four consecutive academic years. Schmitt Scholars are identified by their positional leadership and academic excellence in their High School careers. This Scholarship is designed to further students’ formation as leaders who work for positive social change in the spirit of St. Vincent DePaul and Arthur J. Schmitt. This vision is accomplished through leadership education, leadership initiatives, and reflection.
• Scholars will engage in leadership development experiences which will enhance their understanding of leadership and their
capacity for leadership.
• Scholars will develop their capacity for socially responsible leadership.
• Scholars will engage in service to the DePaul and/or Chicago communities through a leadership project.
• Scholars will participate in regular reflection around their leadership journey and project.
• Scholars will engage in experiences that will allow them to build relationships with other students, faculty and staff at DePaul.
As financial need is a consideration, we strongly encourage you to file the FAFSA, if applicable. The FAFSA can be filed as soon as possible after October 1st, 2019. For additional information on the scholarship application process, please contact the Scholarship Office in the Office of Admission at (312) 362-8704 or email@example.com.
The deadline for application submission online must be no later than February 1, 2021 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time.