Paragon DEI Scholarship
Paragon Marketing Group, LLC (“Paragon”) is partnering with DePaul to offer a scholarship to a student enrolled in a business focused or communications focused degree program, who exhibit strong leadership and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. To qualify for the Paragon’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (“PDEI”) Scholarship students must demonstrate a commitment to academics, leadership, and diversity as it relates to their interests in marketing, sponsorship, advertising and/or communications.
The scholarship will be awarded starting in April 2021 to four candidates (one at each of the partner schools) with the money going towards tuition for fall 2021. Recipients can receive the scholarship throughout their remaining years of school by maintaining the outlined criteria each year.
This scholarship will not only provide students with financial aid, but it will be a path to launch their career in the sports and entertainment industry through mentorship, guidance, and job placement opportunities.
- Must be enrolled in a major or minor that could lead to career in business, advertising, marketing, or communications
- Must be at least a second quarter Freshman when applying for the scholarship
- Must be enrolled in a minimum 12 credits hours per quarter, each year
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA throughout duration of scholarship
- Must demonstrate a commitment to values of diversity and inclusion
- Must exhibit and consistently demonstrate strong leadership abilities and upstanding character
- Tuition Assistance: Scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive $2,500 each year enrolled (maximum 3 years)
- Mentorship Program: Scholarship recipients will have access to the Paragon Mentorship Program. Students will have the opportunity to receive guidance and speak one-on-one with Paragon employees to build relationships and expand knowledge
- Event Volunteer Opportunities: Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to volunteer for one Paragon-planned event per school year to gain on-site work experience
- Job Placement: Scholarship recipients will receive guidance regarding finding jobs during college career (internships, full-time positions)
- Additional Professional Benefits:
- Opportunity to become part of the PDEI Scholarship alumni network upon graduation
- Automatic consideration for Paragon Marketing Group’s Summer internship positions to build their experience
YEAR 1 (After Freshman Year): Scholarship recipient
YEAR 2 (After Sophomore Year): Summer In-Office Intern candidate
YEAR 3 (After Junior Year): Summer Travel only Intern candidate
YEAR 4 (Graduate): Full-time position candidate
The application will be open until March 19, 2021 and 11:59:59 pm. Recipients are expected to be announced by the end of April 2021. Interested students can request more information by reaching out to Jameson Dixon, Assistant Director, Diversity Recruitment, Career Center at email@example.com.