Beeson Endowed Scholarship Application
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 3rd!
YOU MUST BE AN INCOMING FRESHMAN FOR THE 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
The Beeson Scholarship, a Big Shoulders Fund Scholarship, supports highly promising high school seniors from Chicago Big Shoulders High Schools, Big Shoulders Fund Scholars, as well as select Chicago Archdiocesan Catholic High Schools, meeting their academic and personal goals.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Graduating senior from a Chicago Big Shoulders High School, Big Shoulders Fund Scholars, as well as select Chicago Archdiocesan Catholic High Schools
- High school G.P.A. of 2.7 (*Your high school transcript is necessary in the decision making process and will be provided by DePaul University’s Office of Admissions to review along with your application.)
- Admitted and enrolled as a full-time student at DePaul University
- Demonstrate financial need by having a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid at DePaul University.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Satisfactory completion of essay questions
- Agree to participate as a S.T.A.R.S. peer mentee as a freshman
- First generation college students are encouraged to apply
- Be available for OMSS scholar workshops on Fridays between 3PM-5PM
In an effort to provide support to our students at DePaul University, the Office of Multicultural Student Success is committed to providing academic assistance through our Academic Progress Reports. This consists of monitoring progress at each midterm period and at the end of each quarter along with one on one advisory check-ins.
If you are awarded any of these scholarships, the Office of Multicultural Student Success will request information from your professors regarding your academic progress.
In addition, by completing the application for this scholarship you are authorizing the Office of Multicultural Student Success and the scholarship foundations to review your financial and academic records in order to assess your application.
Please note that should you be a finalist for this scholarship, you may be invited on campus to be interviewed on February 18, 2019.
Please direct ALL QUESTIONS regarding these scholarships:
Christopher Love • Scholarship Coordinator
Office of Multicultural Student Success