Digital Communication and Media Arts (Digital Communication track) Graduate Assistant Application
The DCMA-Digital Communication track program is hiring graduate assistants for the Autumn 2022 quarter. These positions are limited, so selection will be based on a combination of interest, current GPA, applicable background/skills in the subject matter, and seniority. Those chosen as a GA will receive a tuition waiver for one, 4-hour graduate communication course ($3,160), and a $1,500 monetary stipend during the GA quarter. The GAs will work about 10 hours per week (100 hr/quarter). Schedule will be determined with the GA supervisor. The program is hiring for one teaching assistant and one graduate assistant to help with the DePaul Virtual and Augmented Reality Communication (VARC) lab.
To be eligible for a graduate assistantship you must meet all of the following requirements.
- By the quarter the student serves as a GA, they will have been in the DCMA-Digital Communication track graduate program and taken classes for a minimum of 2 quarters and have completed at least 3 courses while part of that program.
- Must be registered for at least 1 course when serving as a GA
- Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA or above
- Full-time DePaul employees are not eligible
Examples Teaching Assistant responsibilities:
- Attending a DCMA-related undergraduate course.
-CMNS 280 Introduction to Digital Skills, Tues/Thur. 11:50am-1:20pm, Loop, Dr. Sam Close
- Helping the instructor with grading
- Teaching a class if the instructor asks
- Answering questions for students
- Assisting the instructor with other duties as assigned
- Serving as a graduate ambassador to prospective DCMA students
Examples of VARC Lab GA responsibilities:
- Supervise lab during open hours
- Set up and update technology
- Host/demonstrate technology for interested parties
- Ad hoc work on research projects
You will need to upload an unofficial transcript, resume, and brief personal statement that explains your interest in the graduate assistantship and the skills and experience you can bring to the position. Please also indicate which position you are interested in (or if you’re open to either) and if you anticipate any time restraints that may prevent you from carrying out your duties.
Deadline to apply is Monday, June 27